I’ve recently listed the most gorgeous home in Tomahawk that sits on a serene spot on Lake Mohawksin. The sellers wrote up a great list of ten of the reasons they’ve loved this home so much – so I thought I would share it with you! Read a little about it, check out some photos of this beauty, then give me a call and we’ll get you out there to see it for yourself!
1. Watching eagles fly over the lake as you enjoy morning coffee, afternoon sunshine and/or dinner on the deck.
2. Enjoying boat/canoe/kayak rides in a large body of water where many types of recreation are available and appreciated.
3. The efficiency of the home. Warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Central air is available but seldom used.
4. The beauty of the Northwoods, from the large pines to the wildlife, fishing and hunting opportunities, the quiet, peaceful nature and the marvelous people who live in the Tomahawk area.
5. Tomahawk has GREAT restaurants and a growing food scene! Folks from Wausau, Merrill, Rhinelander and other surrounding areas love to come to eat in this small town, and several restaurants (The Happy Snapper, Outboards, Dairy Queen and more) are accessible by boat on Lake Mohawksin!
6. Our guests have loved the sleeping loft………and so have we! There’s plenty of space for extra cots or blow-up mattresses. I have had annual reunions with 8 girlfriends visiting, and they all want to sleep in the loft together.
7. Easy access to the north and south. Highway 51/39 takes you north to Minocqua/Eagle River area within an hour and south to Merrill/Wausau in the same time period. Highway 8 East gets you to Rhinelander (and its airport) within 30 minutes.
8. Tomahawk is one of the most friendly and generous towns we’ve ever lived in. The citizens here support everything and everyone. Many of the local fundraisers are also great fun for the community— Fall Ride, Pow Wow Days, Thrilla on the Grilla, Polar Plunge and more.
9. This is a place for sports! If you are a golfer, there are two courses here that are fun and good to play. There is a group that plays pickleball regularly, throughout the year. There is swimming at the school complex and ice skating at Sara Park in the winter. Walking in the neighborhood or biking on the trail to Minocqua………you can stay busy and fit!
10. Music on the River is a superb summer standard! Boat down to the Veteran’s Memorial Park for 6 Wednesdays during the summer and enjoy a wide range of music from 6 – 8pm. Many folks bring food and enjoy drinks and dinner while being docked alongside the Wisconsin River shore.